Everything you need to know about Sheepskin
Sheepskin has rare and unique aspects that make its stand out from all competitors. Here at Sheepland we are committed to producing the finest goods for our customers and to do that we invest in the best quality sheepskins, these will then produce the best slippers for you to enjoy.
There are many reasons why you should chose sheepskin as your preferred choice and here they are:
- It is the softest natural material known to man; this is due to the Lanolin in the fibres that give it soft luxurious, sumptuous feel.
- It stays clean; it retains natural oil after it has been removed from the sheep that resists dirt and grease.
- It resists odours, the natural oils that again remain after it is removed from the sheep is resistant to household smells, like your lovely pet dog that loves to roll in mud. Or your cooking, these smells will never stay in the sheepskin.
- It is the only natural fibre that can be bent over 20,000 times and it retains it shape without tearing or breaking. No other natural fibre can compete with this.
- It is flame retardant; it will only burn when it reaches 600 degrees. Safest fibre to have in your home.
- It is hypoallergenic, it doesn’t cause allergies, and this is why it is perfect for children.
- It adjusts to the climate around you, will keep you warm when it is cold and cool when it’s warm.
- It is sustainable, all produced to British and European standards, these protect each farmer and make sure that all the animals are well cared for. Sheepskin is only a by-product from the meat industry.
- It has great acoustic qualities
- It has indoor air filtration capabilities
- It absorbs UV rays
- It is super easy to care for; it does not need cleaning often. When your dog covered in mud comes and lie on the rug it is easy to clean, simply place the slippers or rug into the washing machine or bath (if it is too large to fit in) with non bio liquid or powder. Making sure that the temperature is cold or barely warm; if it is hot the rug/slippers will warp out of shape and be useless. Leave it once you have removed as much of the water as you can to air dry, nowhere near a radiator or the sun or the airing cupboard. All the rug needs is a massage to keep the leather on the back from turning stiff, the slippers will retain their shape and just shape if wet if they are a little off. Then finish the rug off with a good brush with a wire brush (we sell these alongside with special shampoo specifically for cleaning rugs.) Here.
- It is resistant to static electricity.
- It can absorb up the 30% of its own weight in moisture without feeling wet and still will keep you warm.
- Ounce for ounce it is stronger than steel
- It will never shred if it remains attached to the leather.
The one thing we must take away from all these amazing qualities is that it is just a brilliant resource and it is not appreciated for its values. It is “Natures most versatile fibre” and that “synthetics cannot match the qualities of natural fibres.”
Useful websites for more information on Sheepskin:
Released On 4th Nov 2016